Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Finally getting somewhere

This web page will detail the work being done to my 5 seater sand rail. It all started about a year ago, I decided to buy some long travel shocks, have a friend build a frame, and swap all the good parts off of my old buggy onto the new frame. things did not go as planned. after 8 months, and very little work getting done on the frame, I decided that if this was going to happen, it was going to be me that builds it.

I rounded up all of my pieces, got a general layout, and decided on the direction I was going to go with the project. I purchased a 2.3 turbo ford engine, an 091 bus trans, and everything to bolt them together, adapter plate, flywheel, stage 2 pressure plate, and a 6 puck clutch. after getting everything figured out, I decided to do something a bit different. I decided to run a front engine V8.

I finally caved. the whole package was sold, and the new parts were purchased. A 350 V8, TH400 trans, and a ford nine inch are the direction I am going with the project. This has become less of a sand rail, and more of a 5 seater trophy truck. at this point, the frame that was bent up wasn't going to work with out some modifications, and that is where the story begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment